THE ATOMIC OPEN HEEL SPLIT FINS
Aerodynamic, Hydrodynamic, Simply Dynamic
Kicking ease and efficiency. Not all SplitFins are the same. Atomic SplitFins have a flexible blade designed with Propeller-Fin™ technology so kicks feel very easy and slice through the water with very little drag. Even fish envy SplitFins when divers efficiently swim with more propulsion and less effort. And that means less air consumption.
HOW ATOMIC SPLITFINS WORK
SPLITFIN WINGS “SLICE” THROUGH THE WATER
Traditional paddle fins work by pushing water rearward. As a paddle fin is pushed through the water, much of the water spills over the top surface of the blade and sticks to it, creating drag. Extra kicking effort is required to overcome that drag. The Atomic SplitFin slices through the water with two wing-shaped surfaces, creating lift and forward propulsion more like a propeller. Any water traveling over the top of the blade is funneled into and out of the opening (split) between the wings. Drag is reduced, effort is reduced, and efficiency is increased.
PROPELLER-FIN™ TECHNOLOGY MOVES YOU FASTER
Atomic Aquatics SplitFins use Propeller-Fin Technology to deliver ultra-high speeds with a small-range rapid flutter kick. This works in the same manner that increasing the RPM on a boat propeller accelerates a boat to high speeds.
MULTI-COMPOSITE PLASTICS AND OTHER UNIQUELY ATOMIC FEATURES
The Atomic signature is our use of exotic materials specifically designed to improve performance. We developed multi-composite plastics for the SplitFins to maximize the efficiency of the kick with less fatigue. Flexible side rails and a stiff foot pocket are combined with stiff battens in the blade to control the flex pattern for optimum performance. Our patented EZ-LOK Buckle System is one of those distinct Atomic features that make divers love us even more.
UNIQUELY ATOMIC PATENTED EXCLUSIVES
SplitFins are to incredibly easy to kick. In fact, they may “feel” so easy that you wonder if you are moving. Don’t worry, you’re probably going just as fast as you did with your old fins, but with much less effort. Although Split-Fins work with a variety of kicking styles, a smaller-range, more frequent flutter kick delivers maximum per-formance. The flutter kick also keeps your legs within the slipstream of your body profile effectively reducing drag. Less drag means more speed with less effort.
WHY SPLIT FINS?
The Atomic Open Heel Splitfins offer unparrelled features.
- Power Rails The highly resilient power rails perform as the backbone of the splitfin, storing and releasing energy with every kick. Proprietary and exclusive to Atomic Aquatics, this material will not deteriorate or lose its resiliency.
- Flex Pattens Semi-rigid battens set in the soft elastomeric blade controls the precise wing shape to optimize thrust and reduce drag.
- Split Blade The split blade deflects with the slightest kick to form a pair of wings that slice through the water with reduced drag, propelling you forward.
- High Surface Ratio Blade Large surface area blade improved pivoting, turning and alternate kicking styles.
- Hinge Points Thin, yet strong and highly flexible hinge points between the semi-rigid battens cause the blade to react quickly and efficiently to the slightest kick.
- Anatomically Correct Foot Pocket Contoured to fit your foot without stress points, with semi-open toe for added comfort.
- Power Plate Internal sole plate creates rigid platform beneath the foot for greater power transfer to the blade yet allows soft, comfortable foot pocket.
- EZ-LOK Buckle System Totally new, patented buckle system design features easy, one-handed quick release of the buckle from the fin. Re-attachment is simple and secure. U.S. Patent #6,463,640.
Atomic Split Fins
The Atomic Open Heel Splitfins are the thoroughbread of Scuba Diving Fins. They will propel you through the water like no other.
The Atomic Open Heel Splitfins in the same variety of colors to match the Atomic masks and snorkels.
Innovative, easily fitted to suit you.
Add the Atomic Spring Straps to your Splitfins for ease of putting them on and off.